August 24, 2015

Nipissing First Nation Council Moves to Close Commercial Walleye Fishery

"Nipissing First Nation (NFN) remains committed to the stewardship of Lake Nipissing and conserving the walleye fishery. On Monday, August 17th, NFN’s Chief and Council met to review reports and recommendations from NFN’s Natural Resources Department and decided to close the commercial walleye fishery effective at noon on August 22nd. This closure will remain in effect until the end of the 2016 Spring Fisheries moratorium."

Details Here
and Here 

August 12, 2015

Crown Land Camping

Is your next fishing trip going to include some Crown Land Camping? Here's what you need to know:

Canadian Residents:
  • Can camp for free up to 21 days at any one site in a calendar year.
  • Check if camping is allowed in a Conservation Reserve
Non-Residents 18 years and older:
  • Must be a non-resident camping permit to camp on Crown Land north of the French and Mattawa Rivers or in a Conservation Reserve anywhere in the province, unless otherwise prohibited.
  • Can camp up to 21 days at any one site in a calendar year.
  • Camping is NOT allowed in designated Green Zones 
  • Check if camping is allowed in a Conservation Reserve 
Non-Residents 18 years and older do NOT need a permit if you:
  • Rent a camping unit (tent, trailer, etc.) from a person who conducts business in Ontario
  • or your spouse owns property in Ontario
  • carry out duties as part of employment in Canada
  • stay on watercraft equipped for overnight accommodation, anchored over Provincial Crown Land covered by water. Stays are limited to 21 days.
  • are a charitable or non-profit group that is authorized by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry to camp. To confirm eligibility, call 1-855-613-4256 well in advance of your trip.
Camping Permits cost $9.35 + tax per person per night.
You can buy your permit online, from participating ServiceOntario centres or from an authorized license issuer.

For more information about camping at a Provincial Park, see the Ontario Parks website.

Before starting a campfire, check local fire warnings and restrictions in the area.

Find out what activities you can participate in in each Conservation Reserve. In some areas you cannot use motorized vehicles.

Crown Land Use Policy Atlas

Please act responsibly. Thanks!