May 29, 2013

Ontario Wilderness by Rail

The Algoma Central Rail accesses some great camps and lodges along the way.

If you're interested in combining a railroad adventure with some secluded fishing (some of these camps are accessible only by rail or fly-in), check out these great secluded fishing spots: Wilderness by Rail--Lodges Along the Line.

I've still got some fishing openings. Join me for Bigger Fish to Fry!

May 23, 2013

Resorts and Lodges for Sale in Ontario

Still looking for that special fishing place of your own in Ontario? Here's another resource at Resorts and Lodges for Sale in Ontario.

And while you're at it, check out this earlier post about another great Wilderness Camps resource.

May 17, 2013

Opening Day On Cameron Lake

May 18, Walleye opener, will find me fishing Cameron Lake with Cameron Lake Fishing Lodges.

Cameron Lake is part of the Oba River system, giving you about 6,000 acres of lake fishing and several miles of river fishing.

If you are looking for an outstanding Walleye fishing experience, here's a camp you'll want to put on your bucket list.
  • Comfortable accommodations
  • Reasonable prices
  • Secluded
  • Only 5 cabins
  • Rocky shoreline and beautiful sandy beaches

Check out my Bigger Fish To Fry Adventures and join me. There's room yet this summer.

May 11, 2013

Early Season Perch

With Dave Mercer

Just to get you in the mood...

May 05, 2013

Ontario Pleasure Craft Operator Card

Do you have your Ontario Boating License? Do you know whether or not you need one?

In Ontario, there's no special boating license required to operate a powered pleasure craft as long as the boat operator holds a Pleasure Craft Operator Card, issued by Transport Canada. The Pleasure Craft Operator Card is required for all Canadians operating a powered watercraft. The course and the exam can be taken online at

If you are a non-resident who is renting a powered watercraft in Ontario, bring any boaters licenses or certificates you may hold from your state or country (not required but helpful). Then ask the person or business you are renting from to certify that they have checked you out on the boat and motor you are renting.

If you are a non-resident and operating your own powered watercraft or renting one in Ontario for more than 45 consecutive days, get your Ontario Pleasure Craft Operator Card. You'll need it.

And while you're at it, get your Ontario Fishing License online too.