February 04, 2018

Help Solve An Ontario Natural Resource Case

Here's how:
  1. Go to Ontario's Solve A Natural Resource Case page.
  2. Read the Overview
  3. Go to the Map of Unsolved Cases
  4. and call 877-847-7667 if you can help with a case. Also use this number if you want to report a violation you have witnessed or know about that is not yet on the unsolved case list.

January 25, 2018

10th Annual WIIKWEMKOONG Ice Fishing Derby

It's back, it's bigger, it's better!

The 10th annual Wiikwemkoong Ice Fishing Derby is offering over $50,000 in cash prizes.

It's time to join the fun!

December 09, 2017

Saving the Lake Superior Caribou on Michipicoten Island

The MNR and the Michipicoten First Nation are collaborating to save the Lake Superior Caribou.

Some of the caribou on Michipicoten Island will be moved to Slate Islands.

Details HERE

August 04, 2017

Gear Ratio Made Very, Very Simple

I knew this. But I could never have explained it as simply. Thanks Ivo of Thundermist Lures!

June 22, 2017

Grand Marnier and Fish. Oh, My! Gravlax

Here's a super recipe for Gravlax with Grand Marnier, salt, brown sugar and dill. Personally, I can leave out the dill. But Grand Marnier, oh my! I've got to put this recipe on my TO DO list. Thanks Thurndermist Lures.

Traditinally, Gravlax is a Nordic dish with salmon. Here it is with trout. Looks yummy.

And no cooking necessary.